This is another minor update to the major 2030 release from a few months ago. It's simple to update from ANY prior release.
IMPORTANT: Read the following BEFORE updating from 2025 or previous. There's nothing to be afraid of, but it's important you understand the new .Net 4.6 or later requirement and know what to expect to see when upgrading (which most machines already have installed).
Please read what's broadly new to Report Runner 2030, and what is specifically new to each product.
1. 99% of everything will look the same. Outwardly, you’ll notice the application start icons have been tweaked. Icons have not changed inside the apps and nothing has been moved — we don’t do that kind of stuff. There isn’t any major code changes inside the app that will break anything. The biggest thing we did was upgrade the targeted .Net libraries from .Net 4.0 to .Net 4.6. This change has improved speeds of running some reports, and the app itself will probably “feel” about 10% snappier/faster. It also greatly improved memory management (fixed a number of “out of memory” errors with the Crystal runtime engine).
2. Do you use the End of Batch Notification report with any of your batches? Are you using service pack 20 (SP20) or previous of the Crystal runtime engine? If so, the report will fail if you do not have .Net 2 or .Net 3.5 still installed on your machine (this is due to a dependency the ADO.Net XML driver it uses has). There are some automatic fixes for this driver in SP21 and later.
3. The updater will take care of EVERYTHING when you run it. One of the things it will do for you is uninstall the previous version. You WILL get warnings when you go to uninstall the previous version (this is a different behavior than previous versions). You should IGNORE the uninstall warnings and continue. Your DATA is SAFE. Neither the installer or updater will touch your data.
4. Both the updater and full installer have an option to install our new Report Runner Monitor and Debugger. This app requires ZERO configuration. It will display all Report Runner tasks running on the machine (including task IDs). There are also options that make viewing log files and finding logs with errors easier. We highly recommend installing this free add-on.
5. Be sure and read the release notes from 2030.810/815 through 2030.8620/865, too.
6. If you use Event Server, you MUST update to the 2030 edition of Event Server, too.
Again, this is a minor update. If you are already on at least 2030.860/865, it is not necessary to update (unless requested by support).
Again, be sure and read the previous release notes for the initial 2030.810/815, 2030.820/825, 2030.840/845, 2030.850/855, and 2030.860/865 updates, too.